Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday Talks: Dear, Dear Livy


Wow! Is it really Tuesday again?

Today I'm reviewing a wonderful book, "Dear, Dear Livy." This is the biography of Mark Twain's wife, Olivia Langdon. She was an amazing and noble lady, devoted to her husband and family and always thinking of others.

The book is wonderfully written, detailing her romance and life with Samuel Clemens - who's pen name was Mark Twain. Livy was her husband's only trusted critic and she accompanied him on tours with their children in later years.

The accounts of Livy's life, her trials, her heartbreaks, are extremely touching. The ending made me a bit misty-eyed.

I'd highly recommend it! I don't know if it's still in print or not, but if you can get your hands on a copy, do!

It's not a hard read, I finished it in just a couple of sittings, but it's well worth it.

Do you have something to review for Tuesday Talks?
Leave your link below!


Information on Tuesday Talks can be found in the sidebar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Flibby,

I haven't ever read that book. It sounds interesting. I hope you stop by my blog to read my Tuesday Talks.

Lulu