Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Blessing of a Baby Brother.

When Noah was born four months ago, I was thrilled and couldn't wait to start helping Mom in any way I could. I did this because I knew it would be a blessing to my mother and father, but I didn't understand the blessing that it would be to me! Ever since we have had Noah in our home, the Lord has been opening my eyes to what a blessing and a lesson he is. It is almost like Flibby and I are his second and third mother! This experience has taught me so many things about the care of children and the real role of a mother. Right from the start I was doing all the things that Mom was doing and watching carefully how she did them. I have learned so much! There are so many books that you can read, classes that you can take and people that you can talk to about being a mother, but nothing compares to experiencing it first hand! I am so glad that I have this opportunity to care for Noah before I get married and have my own children. This way, I have already experienced caring for an infant and I won't wave to be a young mother who knows nothing of what she's doing. My mother continues to tell me what a blessing it will be to have had this experience in child care when I am a mother myself.

I am so blessed to have this little one in my life, and I wouldn't trade him for anything! Not only Noah, but all of my siblings are such blessings to me! Each and every one of them teach me so much, and I have no idea what I would do without them.

~Poppy

No comments: