Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Recipe......


One of my favorite things to do with my siblings is to cook! The little ones especially love to help, and often ask to work right along with me. This is a very easy recipes, just 4 ingredients, perfect for cooking with your siblings! :)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Peanut Butter Cookies

1 Cup Peanut Butter (smooth or crunchy!)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla (or Vanilla Extract)

Preheat oven to 350^ F. Mix all ingredients together very well, until completely blended.

Next, roll walnut sized balls and place on cookie sheet. After you have rolled all the balls, use a fork to criss-cross a design on top of the balls, lightly pressing down so that it looks like really tiny squares.

Bake until set, 8-10 minutes. Cookies will not look done when they are ready. If you bake them too long, they will be really crunchy or burnt and definitely not very good!

Let cool on cooling rack until set. Make 1 dozen cookies.

I can usually have a batch of these whipped up in less than 20 minutes, bake time included.

Variations:
I have been known to add M ‘n’ M’s, nuts, or chocolate chips to these for variety.
You can also make Peanut Butter Blossoms by baking these, and pressing a Hershey’s Kiss into the center of each one. They make wonderful holiday cookies!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Enjoy!

~@~Courtney~@~

1 comment:

Lady Why said...

Oh, these sound fabulous! I think we need to try them... especially because I happen to have a special place in my heart for peanut butter! Thank you for sharing it!